Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Face to Face With Evil

Praying at an abortion clinic is both heart wrenching and yet oddly fulfilling at the same time.

Every Saturday morning we gather at a local woman's clinic and begin our rosaries, walking up and down the sidewalk as witnesses for life. Our hearts bleed with the knowledge that 20 feet away babies are being killed in their mother's wombs; and the  mothers are being emotionally and sometimes physically destroyed.

We feel fulfilled in that we are there being witnesses for life. We are no longer silent but rather, by our peaceful presence standing up for life and not just for the unborn but for all life. We are the Church Militant, here on the earth, continuing to wage the battle against evil by our prayers and our witness!

We come face to face with evil every Saturday morning that we are there, week after week. From the well dressed man in the expensive pick up truck who circles the block 3 times blaring his horn and waving at us with just one finger, to the man who walks up and down the opposite side of the street yelling to us that God loves murders too, to the people of all ages, races and genders who feel the need to express themselves and verbally assault us with foul language!

But today we can face to face with the worst, most hurtful one yet...a child......a young girl, I would say between the ages of 11and 13.  She, her younger brother and her friend decided that at their tender ages they were going to put a stop to our praying and witnessing. They began by roller blading through us twice. Then they gathered at the corner and when we processed near them they began to blow shrill whistles and use noisemakers to drown out our prayers. The more we ignored them and continued the more intense, the more agitated and malicious they became. She even got to the point of when I made the Sign of the Cross on myself and was facing her she became angry and yelled at me telling me not to bless myself in front of her!  And when you looked into her eyes, you saw evil.... pure hatred for us!  I know that some may think that I am exaggerating but my companions will agree with me, the local priest who joins us will agree.. these children are not unknown to him, they have been there before even though my group has never seen them before.

Yes we come face to face with evil every week...sometimes, it's the face of a business man, a woman walking down the street, a medical doctor who has forgotten what the Hippocratic Oath stands for and sometimes it is a child....

53,310,843 babies were murdered by abortion in the 37 years after Roe v. Wade-  one little girl tried to stop us today.. below is one little girl who is begging us not to!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Handmaid Rosary Beads! I started out making rosaries over 10 years ago as way to combine my love of beading with my love of the rosary. Making beautiful rosaries to bring honor and glory to Our Heavenly Father and our Blessed Mother has been a mission of mine ever since. It is a very special feeling to design and bring to life a rosary that will become a treasured sacramental for someone that will give them years of devoted prayer and bring them closer to God through Mary. I welcome custom orders for special occasions or if you have a special devotion to a particular Saint. Just email me and we can work out the details. All my rosaries are guaranteed for life. If your rosary every breaks I will gladly repair it for free. Deo Gratias